Each year, the Edmonton and Calgary facilities each host an Annual Art Show and Sale to showcase the unique talents of the many artists participating in the Chrysalis Art Programs. Both Edmonton and Calgary transform their facilities or an off-site venue into wonderful art galleries with hundreds of brightly coloured, tremendously detailed, and uniquely creative paintings displayed on the walls and in the services areas throughout the building.

Many of the artists whose work is on display attend the event so they can speak to potential buyers about their work and the creative process behind it. Along with the artists and their families, members from the public, media and government are all invited to the art show and sale to help create awareness for the amazing talents Chrysalis artist possess.

While enjoying the displays, guests are treated to appetizers and refreshments. The best part about the night, aside from the artwork, is that each piece sold benefits both the artists and the art program. Artists receive 70% of the sale price of each painting sold and the remaining 30% allows the art program to buy much needed supplies.

The Edmonton facility will be hosting their 10th Annual Art Show and Sale in 2018 and please stay tuned to this website or contact Krishna Tailor for the date and times. More details will be posted as they are made available.

The Calgary facility will be hosting their 7th Annual Art Show and Sale on Friday, September 29, 2017 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at the Windsor Park Community Association, located at 5304 6th St. SW in Calgary. More details will be made public as the event approaches.